Saturday, August 10, 2013

Reboot Days 5-7 - Mentally Exhausted

* Kale has now become my new best friend!

So after a long night of juicing, for my mother on Friday, we had appointments scheduled early the next morning. A cake consultation, and one later in the afternoon for a florist consultation. I was so exhausted, but I knew this was something that had to be done because it's only 5 months until our wedding!! We woke up early, and had our morning juice and was ready to take care of business!

The cake consultation lasted about 2 hours, and was mentally draining. Don't get me wrong, I love our vendor, Flour Power Nola! Ronda was amazing and definitely helped us bring our vision to life, it was just the process of finally coming to a decision that was a little overwhelming. (And we didn't do an actual tasting of course, since we were fasting, but I have had their cakes before, and they are delicious! Tasting will have to wait a little.) We went there with an idea of what we wanted but there were so many options on what things we could do to customize our cake! And of course we had to discuss and make a decision for my fiancé's groom's cake. It was just so much information to take in, and being that I haven't ate any carbs in the last 5 days, my brain was feeling a little fried. lol.

After cake consultation we went back home to "eat" our lunch, and it was also mom's first day of juicing. She drank her morning juice before she met us, and we took a pit stop to drop my fiancé off, so he could open up the shop, then we prepared some notes to go to our next meeting with the florist.

* Cheers to our Mean Green! 

Before heading to the florist, we checked out some bridal boutiques to browse for dresses for my mom, for the wedding. Then we finally made it to Beth's Flowers! It was another 2 hours or so of consultation, but I love the whole outcome of all the arrangements that we put together! I also loved the fact that all my vendors so far, were all very well connected. I felt a sense of relief, another thing to check off my list, but yet again, my brain felt like it was in overdrive. Sue, at Beth's Flowers, also mentioned that I should book my limos asap, since there are only 4 limo services in New Orleans, and they were booking fast. She gave me a recommendation on who to use, one of her good friends, so yet again, another mission to cross of my list. 

By the end of the day, I was super tired and overwhelmed with wedding stuff, all I wanted to do was sleep. One of my best friends was waiting for me when I got home, and mentioned that she wanted to try juicing before she bought her own juicer. So of course, being the great friend that I am, I offered to help her juice the next day since we were going to do all of our juicing for the next few days as well. I thought, why not just do it all at once? I told her what ingredients to get, and told her to come back in the morning so we can get all the juicing out the way all in one day. 

*Production Day! Lots of work, but like with any diet, you must put in the work to get results! 

Let me just tell you, bad idea!! I felt great helping a friend out, but to make enough juices for three people all in one day is a whole lot of work! Remember my fiancé and I were fasting, so we were juicing breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and desserts for us for the next 3 days, and my girlfriend wanted a few juices to last her 3 days as well. It was a hot mess! We ran out of ingredients and had to make last minute shopping trips to 3 different grocery stores! I was extremely tired, but I had to push through, because it had to be done! We started juicing around 2:00 pm, and probably didn't finish until 7:00 pm. 

*My girlfriend drinking her lunch, and taking off with her juices! I should start a business! lol

TMI WARNING
I wasn't sure if I was going to share this with the world, but I thought maybe some ladies who would like to try a reboot should know. Well, on my 5th day of fasting, "my time of the month" decided to make its debut! At first, I freaked out! I was thinking, is it safe to even be on a juice fast while on the cycle? I did some research, and not much information on the subject really popped up. But if there were women who have done 30 day reboots or longer, I'm pretty sure they had to go through their cycle during those days as well. Definitely a duh moment! But I was still a little bit freaked out about how I was going to handle this. How was I going to survive being on my cycle, while "eating" just juice? The first thing that happens to me when that time of the month usually comes, is cramps, headaches, and cravings for anything full of carbs! The one thing I crave for the most is chocolate!! And to top it off, I usually get pretty hormonal and PMS usually kicks in pretty bad. I didn't know how I was going to get through this. The first day it came, I was totally feeling it. No cramps or any headaches, but I was craving everything sweet and all the junk food in sight. It was tough! But I stuck it out, and sipped on my juices! I went to my dessert juice to substitute my sweet cravings, and it did the trick! I was still so emotionally and mentally drained, but I was feeling good that that I didn't cave and eat something solid.

*Grapes, blueberries, & mint! A very refreshing juice for the summer, and soooo delicious! Another recipe  we love from Joe's 3 Day Plan, recipe below!

Purple Passion
-30 purple/black or red grapes (we used green)
-1 basket of blueberries
-1 handful of mint

By day 7, it was time to go back to work, and I was not having a very good day at all. I think all the hustle and bustle from the weekend really took a toll on me. I was so tired and drained, mentally & emotionally. It was a rough day. I just felt like crying. Life doesn't stop while you're on a juice fast, you just have to deal with it the best way you can. And planning a wedding, working full time, owning a shop, and trying to help friends and family join you on a healthy trip can be totally draining, but all I could do was get through my day and get a good night's rest. I wanted to stick to my goal. Sticking to it and not giving up was enough reason for me to know that tomorrow would be a better day!

0 comments :

Post a Comment